Annfield Estate - Hatton
- Established Date:1933
- Divisions: 06
Estate Total Extent: 375.00
- Extent Tea: 220.00
- Extent Rubber:00
- Other crops Extent (Fuel wood etc.):49.50
- Forest Area:00
- Assistant managers:Mr.A.Desmond
- Estate History summary(maximum 10 sentences): attached
Topography & Climate:
- Elevation: 1219-1524
- Annual Rain Fall: 2500ml
- Temperature: 18-22c
- Region: Hatton
- Provincial council: Central Province
- Divisional secretariat:Ambagamuwa,Ginigathena
- Distance from Colombo: 140KM
- Total Population: 2736
Total Work force: 372
- Male % - 36%
- Female % -64%
- Factory Details(Capacity- Production Type- garden marks-& grades):13600 Kgs /day,Western High grown, Annfield - BOP,BOPF,DUST 1,POKE,FGS 1,DUST,SILVER TIPS
- Products: Tea
- Certifications: RA,ISO,22000,ETP
- Any specialties of the estate:
- Estate Contact Details: 05-420878
History of Annfield Estate
- Annfield estate is situated in western part of central hills of Sri Lanka.
- Estate comes under category of western high grown tea.
- The estate has been established in year 1933 under Scottish tea and Land Company (Ceylon) Limited.
- At the early period of the estate, apart from tea a section of the estate had been planted with coffee.
- Annfield estate comprises 6 divisions, surrounded by many mountains with virgin jungles, waterfalls and streams.
- Estate takes proper care to preserve natural beauty of the environment by adhering to international standard.
- The ideal location of the estate gives a natural growing conditions to tea that produce a unique character to Annfield tea which strengthen our product.
- Estate has been certified with many international bodies such ISO 22000 for food safety management, Rainforest alliance certificate, Ethical tea partnership and the tea processing plant of Annfield has been developed to meet the high standard required in tea manufacture and to ensure the safety of our people.
- The estate has a population of 2736 people.Of this population 374people are employed on the estate.
- The responsibility of Social welfare of the entire population is attended by the estate. Our priority is wellbeing of our employees and we continue to be sustainable by producing our tea which gives our customers utmost satisfaction consistently.